At R W Crawford Agricultural Machinery Ltd we have a requirement to collect and use certain information about individuals.
‘Individuals’ can include customers, suppliers, employees and other people the organisation has a relationship with or may need to contact. The below policy explains how this personal data is collected, handled and stored to meet the company’s data protection standards — and to comply with the GDPR law.
Why have we created this policy?
Our data protection policy ensures that R W Crawford Agricultural Machinery Ltd do the following:
• That we comply with data protection law and follow good practice
• Protects the rights of staff, customers and suppliers
• Open about how we store and process individuals’ data
• Protect ourselves from the risks of a data breach
This policy applies to all branches, staff, volunteers, contractors, suppliers and other people working on behalf of R W Crawford Agricultural Machinery Ltd.
It applies to all data that the company holds relating to identifiable individuals, even if that information technically falls outside of the Data Protection Act 1998. This can include:
• Names of individuals
• Postal addresses
• Email addresses
• Telephone numbers
• Including any other information relating to individuals
Company IT and Data Protection Officer, Lucy Sanford, is responsible for:
• Keeping the board updated about data protection responsibilities, risks and issues.
• Reviewing all data protection procedures and related policies, in line with an agreed schedule.
• Arranging data protection training and advice for the people covered by this policy.
• Handling data protection questions from staff and anyone else covered by this policy.
• Dealing with requests from individuals to see the data R W Crawford Agricultural Machinery Ltd holds about them (also called ‘subject access requests’).
• Checking and approving any contracts or agreements with third parties that may handle the company’s sensitive data.
• Ensuring all systems, services and equipment used for storing data meet acceptable security standards.
• Performing regular checks and scans to ensure security hardware and software is functioning properly.
• Evaluating any third-party services the company is considering using to store or process data. For instance, cloud computing services.
Marketing Manager, Hannah Kelsey, is responsible for:
• Approving any data protection statements attached to communications such as emails and letters.
• Addressing any data protection queries from journalists or media outlets like newspapers.
• Where necessary, working with other staff to ensure marketing initiatives abide by data protection principles.
What Data is collected by R W Crawford Agricultural Machinery Ltd?
For all areas of R W Crawford Agricultural Machinery Ltd, data will be collected from you in order to complete general sales and admin processes such as quoting, invoicing and account setup. On completing a new account set up form, ticking the ‘Yes’ box you will be consenting to being added to our email marketing lists that promote similar products and services. In doing this you may receive occasional postal mailing campaigns which may involve data being sent to a separate mailing house for distribution.
Website – www.rwcrawford.co.uk
When you sign up to our mailing list through www.rwcrawford.co.uk, you will be asked for your Full Name and Email Address. The only information that is compulsory is Full Name and E-mail Address. This information will only be used for our on-going email marketing campaigns including newsletter email, similar product offerings. There is the option to opt out of email marketing at any time.
Our website generates notification emails when there is a new contact submission. These emails are not sent via encrypted channels by default.
If you enter a competition at a show or event that we are attending or hosting you will fill in a competition slip that will ask for your full name, address, e-mail address, contact number, and if you are a customer of ours. You will also have the option to tick if you are happy for us to contact you with future promotions. Ticking the ‘Yes’ you will be consenting to being added to our email marketing lists that promote similar products and services.
What is the purpose of this data collection?
Marketing is an important part of our business as it ensures that you are up to date with all of our events, promotions, news and future developments. All customer account information will be kept confidential and not be used elsewhere in the company without permission of the individual.
How is your data processed and who has access to it?
R W Crawford Agricultural Machinery Ltd uses the on-line email marketing system MailChimp that operates from the US. This organisation is fully compliant with recent GDPR guidelines.
R W Crawford Agricultural Machinery Ltd uses GOLD customer accounting system to store customer data relating to purchases.
R W Crawford Agricultural Machinery Ltd uses Google Analytics on the www.rwcrawford.co.uk website to help us to analyse trends and improve our marketing efforts. Anyone that visits these websites will have their IP addresses collected but we do not distribute or sell this information to anyone else. Google Analytics is fully compliant with recent GDPR guidelines.
All of our websites are developed and hosted by Identity Web Design who store basic server access logs for debugging, security and service review (and not for marketing purposes). The data is also stored in a segregated database which they have access to in order to perform maintenance and the occasional debugging.
Backups are securely transferred over an encrypted tunnel and go back potentially years. They are kept physically and digitally secure by Identity Web Design with locks and passwords. Encryption of the storage disks are used only when required.
How long will your data will be stored by the group?
In accordance with GDPR we will reconfirm data from email marketing every 2 years. Until this time your personal data will only be kept as a confirmation of consent and stored on MailChimp which can only be accessed by our staff that are fully GDPR aware and compliant. Data stored for customer purchases will be kept unless a formal agreement of account closure has been presented to R W Crawford Agricultural Machinery Ltd. Please note: You may opt out from any email marketing by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the marketing emails at any time.
Any individual has the right to contact us in writing to update or remove any of their information at any time. Provision of such information will be subject to a £10.00 fixed fee.
ICO Data Registration Number: ZA042137
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW YOUR DATA IS STORED OR IF YOU WANT US TO REMOVE YOUR DATA THEN PLEASE CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org